Wednesday, October 17, 2007

sheets

so i forgot to put the sheets in the dryer, and now i am waiting and thought i would write a few words about what i have learned about myself in the last few years...here goes!

1. i am a germ-a-phobe! the thought of the mall playground during the winter makes me cringe! i am a bad speller too-is phobe right? (kristen you will know)
2. i can't pick out a banana bunch in less than 10 minutes-i look at every.single.one! i even pump myself up as i approach the stand, and i tell myself each time to 'pick and go'- pick and go!!! but i can't help but think i am missing out on the perfect bunch! even now, i can't stop talking about it!
ok.
3. i HATE capitalizing when i type-can you tell? it slows me down. i'm sure it's annoying to others
4. i miss playing soccer (and basketball!)-i love coaching, but there is nothing like playing/sweating in a good competitive game.
5. getting ready in the morning is a luxury
6. i still feel like i am in college-especially when i got asked if i babysat by a fellow mom at carson's school-she thought i was the nanny. is that good, or bad?
7. i love friends-yes, all you!
8.i understand how they coined the phrase 'stay at home mom look'-we were walking out of target (it's like a field trip to me), and carson was grabbing on to my shirt, which is normal, but he was hanging on by a hole in my shirt and a hole in my shorts, and when i looked down to see how bad it was, i realized that kindle had rubbed her nose on my shoulder and left a pretty nasty scene there! i hadn't washed my hair, and...there you go! stay at home mom!
9. forget the sheets, it's late!
rach

3 comments:

Maggie said...

ha ha- very funny! I totally agree it is only on the days that my kiddos are at school (tues/thurs), that I even atempt getting ready in the morning. I usually get ready during Weavers nap(2pm), but that is only on days that we are doing something in the evenings! I wish I was better about that.

Anonymous said...

That was so cute! I am with you, I miss competition, ecspecially b-ball games. I know what you mean about the bananas, I feel like I am getting ripped off if they are bruised in any way. I go for the slightly green ones, not quite ripe enough but any easy/quick decision, and they last longer.

Kristen Ballard said...

I get the green bananas, too. I would rather have to wait a day to eat them, then throw away half of them in a couple of days. I hardly ever take morning showers- usually afternoon ones, too!!! I miss b-ball, too. Are we so lame??? It was such good times, and we were so AWESOME!!!