Friday, October 17, 2008

The new Kinna!

Actually our new term for her since we never actually call her by her name is 'T'. Short for kinna-t, now just 'T'. Kindle has a slight lazy eye and when her eye muscles got tired she started closing that eye, and it would actually turn out for a brief second. The doctor said he noticed ptosis (asymmetry) of her eye lids (only caused from the eye getting tired). We really got great news from the doctor though. He said that it was a slight problem-not major, and that patching the good eye would force the lazy eye to strengthen. This is 60% successful in patients and we are praying that this solves the problem. God is awesome to us because her vision is not affected, and is actually perfect!!!! yay!!
So, here is her new look!




Kindle's friend having sympathy on her:)


I guess the girls wanted snack under the bar stools? They were so cute.

9 comments:

bcstark said...

She's so cute! Just wanted to tell you - my brother had to do patches with his lazy eye and it worked really well for him!

Kristen Ballard said...

She is getting so big! She has so much more hair, and looks like a big girl, not a baby...
I will be praying that this takes care of the problem.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

I so glad that her eye is ok and has not lost vision... they make patches so cute these days... I am glad that she has a friend to share this experience with... great pictures.

Rory and Cindy said...

Oh Rachel, I feel for you...I've had 4 operations and patched for years...I hope it works. If you want any advice on the subject feel free to call or email, I've been through the ringer on this one and am praying my girls won't have to!

Jill said...

Awww, poor Kindle! I am glad they caught that early, so that is good news! She looks really cute with her patch. I can not believe how big your kids are now. They are precious.

Shelly said...

I like the new look on T! She is a trend-setter just like her mom! If anyone can work an eye-patch, she can. Glad it sounds like an easy fix!

Bethany said...

What a sweet friend she has! And what is it with little kids wanting to eat in strange places? :)

jennifer said...

Those patches are cute! Hope this works to fix the problem!!

Lisa Smith said...

I'll be praying for Kindle's eye. Thanks for having Hunter over last week. I always feel like a crazy woman with a caravan of gypsy people when I visit your house! Sorry it was insane (as usual). Hunter had a blast, thanks again!