Thursday, February 19, 2009

my attempt at change

Here is my feeble attempt at change...My hair is now auburn-ish brown with blond hi-lights. I have bangs too-i am too chicken to wear them though. I have been telling my hairdresser for years that one day I am going to cut all my hair off for the cute bob look that I love. I just can't do it!! I want to though!


oh well, maybe next time!

In other Kerbel news....

Kindle started ballet and tap with one of her friends from school-so cute!!



This is how we do it! We fish from the pool...

we only caught one!
sweet Daddy with Carson:)

One more note-please pray for my muslim convenience store friend. I talk to her on occasional Thursday's as I get a water for Kindle on the way to school, and I have had it on my heart to share the gospel with her for a very long time. I picked up a few pamphlets from our church on Jesus the Savior, and Eternity and shared those with her today. Please pray that she will read them and that her heart will be softened to hear God's truth and that the Lord will work a mighty work in her and save her. I remember our pastor saying how his dad was lead to Christ by someone handing him a gospel tract-how cool! She is so sweet, and tells me about her son and I really enjoy seeing her:)

6 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

I love the hair but I do think you would look awesome in a bob... go for it.

Shelly said...

FINALLY! I thought you had dropped off the face of the planet! :-) Love the hair, but I'm still pulling for the bob. I know how it is, though. It took me 30 years, so you have a few more months... Hee Hee! Good for you for handing out the tract. Matt and I were watching Dateline or some news program a couple of weeks ago and it turns out that son of one of the top Hamas generals is a Christian. His family wants him dead and he is seeking political asylum in the U.S. Anyway, it was a very moving episode. You can probably google it and find it. HIS power is at work within you! Be bold because He can do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us (Eph 3:20).

Lisa Smith said...

Love your hair...did I see it at KK??? You look beautiful as ever!

I'm chopping mine and going blonde (again) you just wait and see :)

I'll be praying for your friend. She must feel so loved by you and your boldness to share. I will pray for many more opportunities to share His love with her.

Kristen Ballard said...

So, you cut bangs, but you're not showing them to anybody???
I like it darker, too. I don't know what I would do if you cut your hair in a bob- that would be BOLD!!

Miss you! We went to the zoo this week, and Walker said- Remember when we went to the zoo with Carson's family? I want to see them again.

What strength you have!! To start up a conversation with the girl and give her the opportunity to learn about God.

Anonymous said...

Like the hair Rach! But the darker you go we actually might start looking like sisters......how weird would THAT be!

I'm lovin' the tap outfit....Kindle is such a fashionista! Her ham personality will go great with dancing!

Way to go on the convenience store lady, that takes a lot of guts (a.k.a. THE SPIRIT) to reach out like that. Can't wait to hear what happens!

Love ya,
Jenny

Bethany said...

Baby steps, Rachel. First thing would be to cut off a couple of inches... then a couple more... Love the color!
Don't be discouraged if this lady doesn't respond to what you are sharing with her, though it would be awesome if she did. We never get to find out what happens to many of the seeds that we plant in our lives, but God never forgets these people that we share His love with.