Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lots new!

Well, we have had a lot going on around here. A little bit of refining you could say. This verse is a great verse for what has been up in the Kerbel house lately:

'I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, "They are my people," and they will say, "The LORD is our God." --Zechariah 13:9b

I love how the Lord uses the circumstances in our lives to draw us closer to Him.

Well, at the Beginning of September I found out I was expecting baby #3. I even took those pics of the pee stick and all! Things were great for about 2 months, and when I was 8 weeks pregnant I miscarried.
This is the first miscarriage for us, so we didn't really know how to think or feel. I know that God is the giver of life, so I'm feeling at peace with everything. So this is pretty much where we are now! I am so blessed with the 2 God has given us! Also...

If you would join us in prayer (on a side note) for Carson. We went to the dermatologist today where they had to biopsy a mole on his scalp. The Dr. would not say much, but said that it had the 2 red flags he looks for-it was irregular in shape/color and was also bigger than 6 mm. We will know the results in 4 days, so please pray for a benign result!! All he would say is that he couldn't tell from looking at it. His tone when speaking about it caused more concern for me than anything he said. I don't feel comfortable about it's placement if it does come back bad-right on his head! not good for a lot of reasons. Anyhow, please pray for him!

Thanks for still reading if you are-I know looking at pictures is so much more fun!!! Hopefully we will have some good news soon:) Love you all!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to tell you how sad I was to read that you had a miscarriage. Last month I had three close friends who went through that pain, I am so glad God has comforted you. Hope everything is well~

Anonymous said...

Rachel

I wanted to let you know how sad I was to hear about your loss. When the time is right God will bless "us" with another Kerbel Kid.

I teared up looking at those pics of Carson. Our first little baby of this generation is growing up fast.

We love and miss you guys very much. Hugs and kisses. Lindsey

Lisa Smith said...

Rachel, I want you to know I am praying for you!!
So sorry to hear about your miscarriage...can't wait to get to heaven and meet that precious one!
Also, we are praying for Carson!!! God, you know the plans you have for Carson, good plans for hope and a future. Please keep him safe and give us a good report on the mole! Amen.
miss you!

Shelly said...

It's been a few weeks since I've checked blogs. Avery and Reagan have been sick! Ugh...You know we love you and are praying for you guys. Keep us updated on Carson.

Bethany said...

I just said a prayer for everything going on with your family. I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. And yet here you are sharing God's peace with everyone!

Rory and Cindy said...

Rory and I are so sorry for your miscarriage. We are keeping you, Carson, and the rest of your fam in our prayers! Love you!

Jill said...

Rach,
I am so sorry to hear about everything that is going on. You poor thing, that is a lot to handle all at once, but if anyone can do it you can. I love you and am praying for you all. Any news on Carson yet?