Thursday, April 2, 2009

Some latest happenings


Carson had his VIP week at school, and Kit and I had fun going up to his school and sharing with the class. Today we made Easter cupcakes with frosting, 'grass' (green coconut), and eggs (jelly beans. We discussed why we celebrate Easter, and then we made cross necklaces. I took different colored string for them to choose from. The joys of a Christian school:) Thanks Grandma for the crosses:)













One of his VIP days, we took our figure 4 trap and showed the class how the trap works, and brought these pictures of how we caught a opossum! It's NOT cute, it's ugly and hisses...







In other news- for all you moms who have babies, or are about to, this is a preview of what your children will be doing in about 4 or 5 years! (I'm thinking of Shelly-they get older so fast, and you will get to sleep in again-I remember mom telling me that). We had friends over a few days ago, and they dressed themselves into costumes and Wesley was going to town on the ninja kicking-Hilarious!!!! I love when you catch them really playing, and get a glimpse into their 5 year old mind. so fun.


2 comments:

Kristen Ballard said...

Fun, fun. VIP week- sounds cool.
I haven't watched the video yet, kiddos are in bed. But I'm sure it's hilarious.
Glad y'all are well- we have had a beast of a week!! Allergies...

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness, that is HYSTERICAL! It won't be long until little Ray-Jay is doing that... I can't believe you really caught a possum. Did animal control come get it? I bet Carson LOVED that. And I can literally see Kindle's facial expression in my head at the sight of that thing...