Wednesday, August 5, 2009

fun busy

We have been so busy, but FUN busy! I know I will miss these days when school starts in 3 weeks! NNOOOOOO! The kids had their combined birthday party-I wanted low key and in time for GG from Florida to make it. GG made it, but low key it was not. I have had a pool party every year for 6 years now, and NEVER has it rained (much less in the last 3 months). Well, the 1 day it does rain, and the exact hours of the party, did it pour!!! well, we frantically moved the party inside and called all the parents to the bounce (I had 3 out of town group of drivers, and 30 kids). My awesome friends offered so much help-even took my kids in the morning so I could scramble (Thank you!!!), and wallla! a non-low key fun birthday! Carson is 6 (on the 14th of this month) and Kindle is 3.

On that same day we went to the lake house in Conroe and got stuck in traffic from people evacuating the chemical fire in bryan-what a strange day, but a wonderful day that the LORD had made:) Here are some fun pics:) And what a wonderful day it was!

I am overjoyed and thankful for my Godly husband, my healthy kids, a loving family and the gift of friendship.

Transformer cake!

Kindle's green puppy cake-remember potty training? A green puppy (after much searching) was her reward. It's a combo of her 2 favorite things green and dogs-notice the green bathing suit?









Happy, until everyone sang happy birthday-too many people, too much attention (she's my
quiet one)!

Carson's turn-you can still see Kindle crying in the background:)

He's been talking about his birthday for "years!"





Sweet great-grandma's!!! They both made it:)



Kit's (and my:) sweet family and cousins!



Later that day, off to the lake we went! Fun with family for 5 days:)









Thanks grandma and papa for a fun trip!

3 comments:

Kristen Ballard said...

WOW- what a mess... You are so great for going with flow and making it a great party after all- what else can you do???
Your family trip looked great!!

Shelly said...

I so wish I could've made it to their parties. I hope you know that! I think you have had enough fun for this month...try to make the rest of the month really boring, okay? :-)

Bethany said...

I think I did the same thing as Kindle at my third birthday. :0)
Thank goodness for friends and family, on birthdays and every day!